A Guide to joining our Trust
The following checklist will allow you to assess whether your school is a good fit for a MAT, and then more specifically, a good fit for SEARCH Education Trust.
IN LOOKING TO JOIN ANY MAT, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT:
- Trustees are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the MATs Executive team deliver the vision of the Trust;
- each MAT Board determines the strategic direction of the Trust;
- the appointment of Trustees is based on an individual’s skills and experience;
- it is each Trust’s Members who approve Trustee appointments for the MAT;
- the Principal of each academy will be responsible for the success of their academy through the MAT’s CEO.
IN LOOKING TO JOIN SEARCH EDUCATION TRUST, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT:
- preferably located in Haringey, neighbouring local authorities or within a geographical reach of around 60-90 minutes.
- determined to rapidly improve the outcomes for all your pupils;
- seeking to offer the highest quality of education possible, in an all-inclusive and supportive environment with support, advice and guidance;
- willing and able to support the SEARCH strategic plan;’
- willing to provide support, advice and guidance to existing SEARCH academies as well as any new academies who may join the Trust
- willing to provide support, advice and guidance to external schools who contract with SEARCH for specific school support services;
- aware that there is a small funding charge that each academy incurs per year, that covers SEARCH central services costs;
- aware of, and understand, the SEARCH Scheme of Delegation.
SEARCH will help schools with academy status and on boarding with the Trust. This will include:
- asset transfer including buildings and land;
- all lease arrangement transfers;
- TUPE consultation process with employees;
- 3 to 5 year financial modelling;
- budget setting and tracking/reporting;
- risk management including agreement of mitigating actions;
- review of staffing structures;
- ensuring the legal and regulatory processes for registration are completed;
- engagement with all stakeholders;
- delivering a clear communication’s strategy.
How to contact SEARCH Education Trust
We look forward to hearing from you should you need any clarification or have any further questions.
Address: Search Education Trust, Station Road, Wood Green, London, N22 7ST
Telephone: 020 8826 1230
Why Join SEARCH Education Trust